Undertaking a home removal can be a daunting task, so in a series of blogs, we will take you through the ultimate moving check list, providing all the advice and pointers you will need to make your next house removal, the smoothest it can be.
In this blog, we’re focusing on what to do 3-4 weeks before your move. At this stage, you will have a moving date in mind, and will probably have contacted Gentleman And A Van and booked in your move with us, but here are some things that should not be overlooked:
- Contact your telephone, cable, satellite and internet service providers and notify them of your change of address and the date you are moving.
- Notify your bank of building society, and any store card providers of your move.
- Contact insurance providers of your upcoming move. (Life, Motor, Medical, Pet and Contents Insurance)
- If your home removals will be taking you out of your local area, you may need to contact your doctor, dentist and opticians and reregister in your new area.
- Notify your local council, bioth in your current area, and your new area with regard to council tax.
- Start packing and de cluttering if this is something you are doing yourself.
All of this will give you a headstart in the process of moving. If you would prefer not to do the packing yourself, we provide a comprehensive packing service, where we will carefully pack and label your house contents the day before you move.
For more details of the services we provide, and to discuss how we can take the stress out of your next move, email us on email@example.com, or call us on +44 (0) 20 8874 4283, and we can run through all of the details with you.